From its beginning in 1954 until the present time, Saint Therese School has been blessed with pastors who have supported Catholic Education, with dedicated teachers, principals, and staff who have been instrumental in fostering faith formation and a strong educational program. The school has been gifted with generous and enthusiastic parents and parishioners who have made many sacrifices and devoted much time and energy in volunteer service.
We gratefully acknowledge our pastors: Rev. Joseph D. Hagen (1925-1947), Rev. Joseph A. Nee (1947-1977), Rev. Donald L. Voelker (1977-1978), Rev. Joseph P. Newell (1978-1989), Rev. Hugh J. Lang (1989-2006), Rev. James Young (2006-2012), Rev. Terrence P. O’Connor (2012-2018) and Rev. E. Daniel Sweeney (2018-present). We thank the Sisters of Charity who served as principals of Saint Therese School from 1954 through 2015. We recognize also all the teachers, staff, Mother’s Club, VIP, Athletic Association, Advisory Council, Parish Council, and all parish organizations who have supported the school over the years.
Since 1954 Saint Therese School has been distinguished for its formative development of students in the Catholic faith, appreciation of morals and values, and for its academic excellence. Through daily prayer and religious instruction, students come to appreciate the spirituality of Saint Therese of Lisieux and her “little way.” They grow in understanding of their call by God to serve others, to live gospel values, and to spread the Kingdom of God.
Emphasis is placed on the Catholic Social Teaching of the Church through which they focus on the image of God in themselves, others and the sacredness of each person. Saint Therese School commits itself to nurturing in students the natural love they have for learning and the curiosity that drives them to grow in knowledge of the world. The school program builds a firm foundation upon which to prepare students to live their dreams and to develop their own gifts and talents so that they may become effective as leaders in a world that is much more complex and different from the time of the school’s beginning in 1954.